Thursday, August 13, 2009

Michael Vick

Michael Vick has a job now. Good for him. The man has some skill, and just like produce, that skill will eventually expire.
-

He made a big mistake and he paid for it. The Eagles had to decide if giving a convicted felon a job was in their best interest, and they decided it was. Their were other teams that were also in the market for his services and it turns out Vick had options. He will bring some distractions with him and even though the Humane Society has also brought him on board to their cause, The PETA folks will probably never let it go. Those Peta people are a bit over the top like that, but this is the way a free market should work.
-
I will be interested in seeing how the Eagles use him. McNabb is the starter, and in my opinion, he is just better then Vick anyways, even the pre-incarcerated Vick. This current post incarcerated Michael Vick might have already lost some edge. I would bet however, that there will be some starting QB's in the league who are not as good as the Eagles back up. And I believe Vick wont be just a regular backup either. I see them getting him some snaps at wideout, running back and as a change of pace at QB as well.
-
I just wish the Bucs would have had the gumption to get him down here in Tampa. They evidently did not think the reward was worth the risk even though no one on the Bucs roster would be able to keep Vick from eventually taking the QB job as the full time starter.

2 comments:

Native Minnow said...

As an Eagles fan I was surprised by this move, but at that price, how can you pass it up? I'm all for giving people a second chance. After all, if I was ever locked up, even if it was for something as disturbing as what he was doing, I'd hope I could come out and get a job doing what I was trained to do. I just hope it doesn't turn into another T.O. situation.

Native Minnow said...

And instead of disturbing I should've written horrifying. I'm clearly off my game today.