Monday, August 17, 2009

Its Green, No, Its Yellow, No its Green, no its....


An examples of how my two kids can drive you crazy, but in a cute way, sort of, until it gets annoying.
-

My daughter thinks that the "green" Gatorade is actually yellow. This in and of itself is not that earth shattering. In fact it is kind of a yellow tinted green color, so in the sense that it is close between green and yellow it actually does become a little bit of a grey issue. No, when it gets aggravating is when she comments on it and clarifies for you that it is in fact yellow, and then my 9 year old son begs to differ and opines that NO, it's green. This certainly requires a rebuttal from my daughter that it's "yellow" which of course means my son cannot, and will not leave it alone and has to re-iterate that it's Green.
-
They have no off button on this debate and they will bring anyone else in on this thing that they can. Granted, I do think it is Green and sometimes I egg it on a little bit, She even usually starts off on me about it, but even though I have made this mistake many times, it still amazes me that it just wont end, short of me making it clear that this debate absolutely has to stop because my soul is seeping out of my ears listening to this endless circular argument.
-
So help me please tell me what you think? Is this green or yellow?

6 comments:

Native Minnow said...

It's totally yellow. There really is a green flavor too, and it's dark green. When you see them side by side there's no question at all. Tell your son that the Minnow's got his back.

Native Minnow said...

Wait. I meant tell your daughter that I've got HER back.

Bill From Gainesville said...

Minnow my man, It is truly green with a yellow tint to it but duly noted ..

NTF said...

It's highliter green.

Native Minnow said...

Well, technically, it's chartreuse, but I wasn't going to say anything ;-)

quin browne said...

this is why mountain dew was put into green bottles...