Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Hard knocks in the NFL

A year ago at about this time I did not have HBO and therefore couldn't watch "Hard Knocks in the NFL." I was living in Miami, and now look at me , just one year later I live in Tampa and have HBO! Just watched "Hard Knocks", and as Chad Ocho Cinco says: CHILD PLEASE...
-
It is a small victory in life and its not like I couldn't have purchased HBO when I was living in Miami, it was just that at that place, Basic Cable came free and I liked free. Here in Tampa, My rent is 175 dollars less then it was in Miami, but it doesn't include free basic cable. With the cost of 45 bucks or so for basic, and another 30 bucks more to get HBO and Showtime and stuff, I just figured I was still saving about a hundred bucks overall and damnit, I am worth it.
-
Anyhow, It is a good thing to have HBO and it is good to be able to watch Hard Knocks. Its more seasonal tailgating while we wait for this thing called football season to get rolling down the road. Eventually, The season will be barrelling down the highway at 95 miles an hour with rock and roll blaring from the stereo system. Watching Hard knocks is like being in first gear going up hill in a big rig. We are at least getting that thing moving now, whereas just a month ago the big rig was just sitting there in the driveway while we tried to act like we were enjoying the lawnmower that we were riding called baseball season.
-
Seriously, a few days ago, the RedSox and the Yankees had a four game series, but the NFL played its first pre-season game in Canton. Want to guess which one had better ratings? Watching Baseball is nice. but football season is like a four month long drama with twists and turns. Its like getting a good book and when it is all over in Early February its like Finishing that book and you just go "Damn that was entertaining". Its always enjoyable, but in the end you want to keep on reading. The off season is like losing your library card and being banned from the bookstore.
-
I love this time of year.

No comments: