Thursday, December 4, 2008

Things to miss

These are some of the things I will miss about leaving Miami, and moving to Tampa, and it is not in any particular order.
-
1) My cool ass view. ( I will of course try to find another cool ass view in Tampa, however I honestly believe that the amount I am paying for rent at my place in Miami, and the Cool ass view that I have now, is kind of a freaky, luck of the building boom gods of the recession . If I find a place with an equal or better view then this in Tampa, for the same amount of money I am paying here in rent, I will be absolutely, and utterly astonished)
2) Living in the same City as My Dad.
3) The troll looking, non English speaking HotDog lady that works that stand which is diagonal from my block and just down a way. We have grunted together many a time as I partook in a free wheeling wild ass hotdog, live from her cart, filled with condiments and oh so satisfying to my Gut.
4) All the various Restaurants and bars that are in walking distance from me. (My intention is to find a similar situation in Tampa, however I do not count on that at all, Tampa is like a Junior varsity Miami, just like Miami is a J.V. NYC.)
5) I will miss going to Dolphins games, however I am such an NFL WHORE that It will be quickly replaced by going to BUCS games.
6) There are a few women, I probably was still to scarred from the Shenanigans of My Ex to truly commit to any of you, but even the ones who were just using me, like I used them, I enjoyed the time we spent together. I am finding myself much less worried about the Ex now, as I continue to work on just being the father of her children and not her partner, ... but you know--- its the old, Lots of fish in the sea thing.
7) I will miss working on my own schedule. True. lately the workload dictated that my own schedule included 16 hour days but still, it was my own. The new job, though filled with lots of other opportunities and perks and offsets is still a go to work at 8 Am in the morning type of thing and then even though it says leave at 5 p.m. I truly understand my job is to get in there before my boss and only leave after he does and by the way I have no Idea what that means right now? Is my new boss a guy that comes in at 5 AM and leaves at 8 P.m? cause if he is then holy moly I am screwed.
8) The El-Malecon. This is a cheesy little restaurant across the street that serves breakfast ... I love that place
-
anyhow, There are many more things I will miss about Miami, but even though Tampa Traffic will suck, there is no way it will suck as bad as this southflorida Bullshit.
-
I also dread the whole process of moving. but that will be another post, later on, when I actually do it. -- I am still in South Florida for another month or so....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All the best to you Bill! I look forward to reading about your adventures in Tampa!

God bless.

SCG

Anonymous said...

Tampa is a great town and you will most certainly have friends dropping in on you. Good luck brother.