Monday, December 15, 2008

Money earned watching football is Nice Money

Made some money tonight because of my football knowledge. That is some rewarding type of money. That is money like an artist makes. Money that a singer makes. Money made doing stuff I love to do. I basically watched NFL football this year which is a thing I do anyways, and because of that, and my choices of players for my fantasy team, and of course luck, I made money. I am not going to quit my day job but still it is a nice way to make money for sure.
-
I wish I could make money all the time by watching NFL football. I wish it was more. Bottom line. the pot in our league is 2600 bucks right now. I am guaranteed of collecting at least 30 percent of that amount, less my cost, which happened to be 260, --so 780 minus 260 = 520. But it aint over yet. Next week we play for 60% of the pot. Winner gets that paycheck, loser gets the 30% paycheck. Either way I am in the money. Money because I know NFL football and also because I was lucky this year. Doesn't matter, money made this way is better then working for it, plus the winner will get a cool ass trophy to properly display for the year in their home and I basically chose my new home in Tampa based on how good that trophy will look in my living room.
-
This is a good thing. So yes I signed a lease for my apartment in Tampa today. I am Moving into Derek Jeter's neighborhood. I suppose he will be my neighbor when he isn't playing baseball for the Yankees. I hung out with him on Saturday afternoon. Sort of , Not really, I was having a beverage in a wine bar and he came in and took a leak and left, but you know, it was kind of like we were hanging out, plus, in talking with some other people. they told me he lives in that same neighborhood that I am moving into.
-
Oh yes, the guy I was talking to that confirmed Derek lives in that same neighborhood? He has a boat, so I just told him he was my first friend that I made in Tampa, because I want to go out on his boat. Told him that straight up. Told him some of the best friends you can have are friends that have a boat and friends that have a truck.

4 comments:

Brianinmpls said...

The Dolphins actually having a decent team, the sorrow and crap of the North all kind of scewed my results this year.I would like to think I am a fairly good sports gambler but no more on the NFL

quin browne said...

glad to hear you're settling in...the boat thing is spiffy!!

Anonymous said...

The only thing better than owning a boat is having friends with boats.

Native Minnow said...

Make friends with the guy with the boat, but if you can, make friends with Derek Jeter too. He's got enough money that you could probably get him to buy you a boat. Good luck getting settled in.