Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Tebow for Heisman

Three horses in the Heisman race. Sam Bradford, Colt McCoy, and Tim Tebow.
-
No doubt I think Tim should win it. and granted I am biased. Furthermore Tebow's numbers dont match up with Bradford and McCoy so if he does not win the thing, I understand. I don't agree but I understand.
-
All three QB's had a team that only lost 1 game. All three played some awesome football. Without each of these guys their teams are not one loss teams. Each of them made a huge difference in their teams season.
-
I rule out McCoy because his team did not even win the Big 10 South division, much less the whole league. it is unfair but they didnt and with a race that is this close it doesnt matter that its not fair, 8 out of 10 years the guy should have won it, but this year its so competitive and so close you have to rule him out because even though his team beat Oklahoma head to head, Oklahoma won the division, and won the league and Bradford was Awesome even in the loss.
-
Sorry Colt, I didn't vote for you but you are truly worthy.
-
So it comes down to Bradford and Tebow. Honestly I wish we could wait and see who wins the National Championship Game, but we can't. Thats not how it works. Statistically, Bradford should win. But if the award is about the best player in College football then fairness calls for Tebow to win the thing. Either way, whoever wins it they deserved it. My opinion is that it should be Tebow, Bradford, McCoy in that order, I think it will be Bradford, Tebow, McCoy in the Heisman race.
-
In the NC game I am confident it will be the 2007 heisman winner against the 2008 winner and the 2007 winner takes the NC trophy. Just my call. I also predicted that O'bama would choose Hillary as his running mate. No one listens to me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have decided the Heisman is kind of a bullshit award anyway. The "most outstanding player in college football" can't always be a skill position guy from a big time program. Sometime it is bound to be an O-lineman from Tulsa or somebody like that. Of course if an LSU guy ever wins then it will be completely legit in my eyes again.

Bill From Gainesville said...

You always have Billy Cannon