Saturday, June 7, 2008

Free steak at Manneys

So, I know I don't look homeless, nor desperate for anything. As much as all the crap that is going on in my life, I don't complain to much about it, Sure I bring it up, but I am not a whiner.
=
That is what made tonight so weird, I was sitting at the bar at Manneys, just drinking a few beers, totally content. and then this guy and his wife sits next to me. Long story short they bought me a steak dinner complete with mashed potatoes. I thanked the dude profusely and tried to buy all his drinks that he had. but that wasn't in his plans, then he left. I told him thanks again and truly I am so grateful, I appreciate the value he just plopped down into my life. WOOOOOHOOOOOO thanks Tony. ( he doesn't read the Internet according to his own interpretation so he will probably never see my gratitude. )

8 comments:

Quin Browne said...

free food is good. free food with nice people is even better.


woot, tony.

Native Minnow said...

Cool! Now if I could just get that to happen to me. Like, every day.

The Charming Hedonist said...

That's a nice little reminder that there are good people in the world.

Good luck tomorrow. With my knowledge of family law judges in Alachua County, I think you're in good hands.

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.

Bill From Gainesville said...

Quin, it was absolutely very nice, and unexpected and I have no idea why? seriously I had nice jeans on and a button down shirt, I was clean cut and buying five dollar beers so there was no reason for him to do what he did, but yes, when it came I ate the hell out of it.
-
Minnow, I get it , it was crazy who just buys a guy a 45 dollar steak dinner for a guy they dont even know.
-
Hedo, thanks for the support, I think the judge will be fair and if he is fair then I know I will be ok, he will not cave in to the craziness that is My Wife and her attorney. THis should never have gone this far, we could have agreed on a reasonable outcome, but they are not realistic at all.

Brian in Mpls said...

Were they trying to get you into the three way?

The Charming Hedonist said...

Thinking about you today. I hope all is well.

Native Minnow said...

Thinking about how things went yesterday. I hope you're holding up ok after what is bound to have been a very emotional experience.

90hazelnut said...

Once a couple bought me a dinner because I looked like their dead daughter. I was with my boyfriend in a Friendly's diner on a small road trip and I actually asked him to wait in the car for me, because they really seemed to need me to take this meal from them. I let them tell me all about their daughter and I offered up a few nuggets from my life experience when they politely asked.
All in all, it was a good experience - a little strange, but interesting and meaningful - and I'm glad that it happened to me and that my boyfriend was so kind as to wait for this event's unfolding.