Thursday, January 8, 2009

The one where I pat myself on the back

The reason they say a dog ages about 7 years for every one of ours is because dogs die a lot sooner then people. Generally speaking a dog is going to live around 10 to 14 years, with that lifespan its like being 70 to 98 years old in people years. Tiny little Yapper dogs live a little longer ----Big old working dogs a little less...
-
Blogs have even shorter lifespans. (in general) I have seen blogs with one post. (licious?) I have seen blogs die, bloggers quit for a variety of reasons, so having seen all that, I just wanted to point out that this blog is over a year old ... My first post was Jan 3 2008 and here we are on January 8 2009. In blog years its like I am a 75 year old man.
-
My blog is like an old medium sized dog laying on a porch of an old Florida Cracker home. - every once in awhile I will get up off the porch and bark at a car driving by or a squirrel that is messing with me just a little bit to much, but in general I just kind of lay there under the old porch swing, licking my balls and napping.
-

7 comments:

Native Minnow said...

I've seen too many good blogs die. I understand it, but I don't have to like it.

Congrats on one year!

Bill From Gainesville said...

Minnow! This blog is not even close to good. well okay I think it was kind of good a long time ago, but lately It sort of sucks, Pretty much ever since My x-Wife's Lawyer tried to use it against me somehow in our divorce, I have self censored so much. I generally dont talk about the women much (just a little bit because they fascinate me so much) Also I try not to talk about other things so that leaves sucky stuff left for me to write about and it doesnt inspire me so much... but I do appreciate having a forum to say stuff sometimes. and I appreciate you and your blog because I sort of see you as future me.... (in the sense that you are a lot further along in being a divorced dad)

quin browne said...

i am tickled you do bark once in a bit... it never fails to barking well, um, barked?

Bill From Gainesville said...

Quinn -- thanks! Will try to keep chasing squirrels and barking at mailmen...

Anonymous said...

Keep it up brother. Your unique perspective on things in general has always been one of the great things about hangin with you. Congrats on the year and on the apparently good setup you have found in Tampa

Todd said...

I'm glad you've stuck with it. You've got a humor that is unique, and I for one, really appreciate it. Just wanted to let you know that I read every post with the Bloglines reader thingy, and that I really appreciate your posts.

Keep up the good work!

Michele-a-licious said...

Fine, you guilted me into posting something.

I guess I am afraid my wit will pale in comparison.

Congrats on one year and thanks for the laughs.

Go Gators!