Monday, January 12, 2009

First day on the new job

Someone once called me a "Worker Bee" It was said in a mocking sense ... The kind of criticism that somehow I am not cut out to be my own boss. Might be true ... who knows.
-
The last 18 months or so I was working for someone, but it was a straight up commission type of deal in that if I did not get it done, then baby doesnt get a new pair of shoes. It was set up kind of like I was working for myself. My bosses lived in far away cities with giant mice that owned dogs. They would just send me the work, and I would send it back in a little bow tie. Rarely did I ever have any problems with them, nor did they with the final product. I did okay with it, however as soon as someone offered me a job I took it.
-
Today was my first day back on the job. One with a salary and bosses, that dont live in far away mice towns. These are the types of bosses that have offices just down the hall. I did get one of those cool ass phones though that someone else pays for. Thats cool.
-
Also in my last gig I could set my own hours and often chose not to have those hours be early in the morning. This job not so much, I actually had to get up and you know, GO to work.
-
Its all good, made it through the first day not really accomplishing much but I did get a sense of what is expected out of me and I dont think I will have any problems exceeding those expectations.

No comments: