Tuesday, January 13, 2009

An acknowledgement of a small luxury in life.

The main meal I cook for myself are cheese crisps. Its easy, you can put a frying pan on the stove, a little butter, and the tortilla with some grated cheese inside that bad boy, and voila, a few minutes later you have a cheese crisp, all cheesy and hot and yet kind of crispy at the same time. Its like a little bit of heaven in a piece of flatbread. I like some hot sauce on top, and if I am particularly adventuresome, a little sour cream and we are in business. Here is the thing though. BUY the cheese already grated and in a little bag from the store. I ran out of the pre-grated cheese the other night, but had a block of chedder and a grater. I grated some of the block which was a HUGE mistake. The whole thing took about 4 minutes to make, about 5 minutes to eat and about 35 minutes to finally get all that crusty cheese residue from out of the inside of the little grater thingy. My hands are to big to get up in their good, and I did a half ass job, set it out to dry and then when I was putting it away tonight, I saw the hangers up in there and spent the last 35 minutes of my life getting them out. 35 minutes I will never get back. So what did we learn? Pre-grated cheese may cost more but its worth it.
-

8 comments:

Native Minnow said...

I only buy pre-grated cheese. It's for the best.

Bill From Gainesville said...

Minnow-- for the best ... INDEED

compulsively yours...for now said...

My hands are to big to get up in their good

Hmmmmm..... quite a conundrum

Bill From Gainesville said...

Compulsively, --- I dont think you have lost touch with your inner nasty minded little girlness at all. Tell your Ex to go to hell ....

compulsively yours...for now said...

Sweet! Native Minnow go to hell.... yeah, see I am the nasty ex wife of the minnow. I followed you over from his blog. I called him and told him to go to hell, we had a bit of a laugh....

and thank you, I take pride in my nasty self.

compulsively yours...for now said...

And if I worked at hooters I would be nice to you.

Anonymous said...

Why I eat out so dang much.

Bill From Gainesville said...

Compulsively -- That is excellent! ... Not just that you took my advice and told your Ex to go to hell for not thinking of you as being that Nasty Girl, But also that it is my man "Minnow"! and to top that off, if you were a hooters waitress you would be nice to me?. Just OUTSTANDING.
-
NTF -- Eating out is pretty much all I do, cause not only did I divorce my wife, the mother of my two kids, but ever since I have been out in the world alone again I have not owned a dishwasher and washing dishes sucks.