Wednesday, January 7, 2009

More about my recent bar hopping

Just to revisit, all three of those bars that I wrote about in my previous post are within walking distance, and to get there I had to walk by some other bars. One of them is this total dive ass looking thing that claims it is world famous. The sign says it is : " The World Famous, Tiny Tap Tavern.
-
Here is a rule to live by. Any time you walk by a bar and the sign says it is world famous, then at some time you need to drink a beer there. It doesnt matter that it is just a cinder block looking thing that I had never heard of until I walked by it. That is not relavent. the fact is that they claim they are world famous, and what if I walked by that bar every day to go to some other bars that look nicer and had less cinder block, but never had a beer at the Tiny Tap, and then I found out I was the only person in the world that never heard about the world famousness that is this bar?? How silly would I be? That would just be a damn shame.
-
Thats the kind of neighborhood I live in. I live in a neighborhood in which you could justifiably walk by a world famous tavern to go to some other bars that dont claim that they are wold famous and still feel okay about yourself --- Plus there are "Three" beyond awesome steak houses also within walking distance. ... Its like I live in a steak eating, beer drinking world of wonder.
-
Alas, I have not come across the first hotdog stand so I certainly miss that about Miami... Plus, although you can walk to the grocery store, its a long ass walk ...
-
I will just drive to the grocery store most of the time ...And I will soon have a beer at the WORLD FAMOUS TINY TAP TAVERN

2 comments:

Native Minnow said...

There's a bar here that calls itself "The happiest place on earth", so I feel obligated to stop in from time to time. If I were a drinker, I'd probably do it more regularly just to get their token drinks: Ass juice and/or a bacon martini.

Bill From Gainesville said...

I love Bacon as much as the next guy but a bacon Martini ? that just sounds gross.... I will tell you that if I saw a bar that billed itself as the worlds happiest place I would definitely go in...