Monday, July 7, 2008

Dara Torres kicks her way to her 5th Olympics

Wow, Dara Torres Rocks!


Dara Torres and her daughter Tessa

She is a Florida Gator that has done well for herself. After she won the qualifying race to make her fifth Olympics they blew out the song "American Woman" on the loud speakers. She will probably carry our flag into the opening ceremony, and if she does, I am going to need you to pretend like I wasnt just guessing, but that I was actually breaking the news to you. Like I am Ed Sullivan inviting Dara Torres onto my television show to play her music, or you know, the beatles or Elvis, except its the beautiful 41 year old Dara Torres, and I dont think she sings, but she does kind of glide on water.
-
As someone reading my blog, you are free to act like you were in on the news about her carrying the American Flag into the Opening Ceremony. When it is announced in the mainstream media, you can tell anyone you know how you heard it here first. It's cool being "in the know" isn't it?
-
Also O-Bama will choose Hillary as his running mate.
-

6 comments:

PhoenixHearse said...

I actually watched the US trial on TV and she was amazing.

I was listening to the radio this morning and the DJs were talking about how a 41yo broke the American record for the 50m. They were all, "Well, if there's a sport to do it in, it would be swimming"...insinuating that swimming is so damn easy.

My ass! Look at her body!

Bill From Gainesville said...

Phoenix, - basically my thinking behind this post was this.
1) it is awesome that a 41 year old person is being highly competitive with 20 year olds in athletics. She is basically my age and I love that about her.
2) I wanted a reason to post that picture.... She is soooooo very hot.

Todd said...

She looks like she could beat my ass.

Bill From Gainesville said...

She does indeed look quite impressive, I am pretty sure she could beat you in a swimming race

Native Minnow said...

I have all kinds of respect for her. It isn't easy to compete at that level at any age, so good for her.

Did I happen to mention to you that one of my students from last semester will be competing in Beijing? He's swimming the 50 m freestyle, and one of the relays. It'll be cool to see someone I know there. I hope he does well.

Bill From Gainesville said...

Minnow, we need a name so we can root for him also...