Saturday, February 28, 2009

Opinions can be reversed

Sometimes the news media will make a big deal about inflation. They will say stuff to the effect that people that made 35 k a year in 1990 are the equivalent of making 100 K a year now. This is meant to make the people earning a tenth of A million dollars to be humble. basically if you make "only" 100 k you are worthless as a human being It makes me think that even earning a cool Buck, now, is the equivalent of only making 35k from 1990?
-
Whatever....

7 comments:

Compulsively Yours...for now said...

Well, I make well over 100,000/yr so I dont have to worry about it.

And thank god for that, feel sorry for the worthless bastards who make less.

Native Minnow said...

Shit, son, I'd settle for $35K

Bill From Gainesville said...

I dont really think that at all I was just having a conversation with a rich guy who was trying to explain how he wasnt that rich

Compulsively Yours...for now said...

Bill you dont have to explain to me, I will still stalk you. I want to hear more about the cheese grater.

Denis A. Baldwin said...

The shit thing about this kind of inflationary talk is how it puts things in perspective for those of us who once had great jobs and now don't. When I was 20 years old, I made close to 100k/year. These days, I barely make half that. Yet, somehow, I'm about as comfortable. How does that happen?

PhoenixHearse said...

Well, I was gonna write a big comment, but since I'm a "worthless bastard" what the point?

Bill From Gainesville said...

Phoenix -- "Bastard" is kind of hard but congratulations on making 35k a year (in 1990 dollars according to the tool I was talking with that night)maybe I should take this particular post down as after I read it it makes it seem like these are my opinions not the "tools."