Thursday, March 10, 2011

The transition from being in that one moment, to having your face bleed

I love when its raining in the morning and you just wake up in your bed from sleeping. It's around 6:30 in the morning and It's about 60 degrees, but you are under the covers, so its perfect. You know you should get up, but you also know that you can afford to just lay there for at least another 20 minutes.
-
When you first wake up in that situation, you just find yourself loving every thing about it. It's cold, but you are under the covers. Your awake, but still completely relaxed in the bed and the pillows are actually just an extension of yourself. They are like part of your own head. The noise the rain makes is like Music. For a few minutes You are in the moment.
-
Doesn't take long though, and thoughts start coming into your head to mess it all up. For me, it began with worrying if the Bucs are going to give Tiki Barber a chance for his comeback. Its well known that Raheem Morris loves Rhonde Barber and they would only need to pay Tiki the veteran Minimum, so they just might do it. That would be so messed up because Tiki seems like such an asshole and he might ruin the chemistry of that team .
-
Then I started thinking about the T.V. Show: How I met your Mother. When the hell are we ever going to see when Ted actually meets her? Love that show, but damn, lets just meet her already.
-
After that, I started thinking about the work related issues I am dealing with, and before you know it, You realize you are not in the moment anymore. You are not enjoying the coldness thats cancelled out by the covers, or the rain pattering down like music, and the pillows being a part of your head, so you try to get back to that place. Only now, your mind is racing. What the hell is the deal with the Miami Heat? What time is it? Have I laid here to long and now I am not going to have time to eat some breakfast? I should have bought some more razors because the one I am using is getting dull. I wish I lived closer to my work so I could lay here longer and try to get back to that place where I just was when I had woken up to the 60 degree weather with the canceling out covers, and the pillows that were part of my head.
-
You can't do it, you can't get there now. You are awake, and it's time to deal with the day. I only barely cut myself shaving this morning. It hardly bled at all. I did not get to wet going from my apartment to the car, because at least by the time I had taken my shower, cut myself shaving, got dressed and rushed out without having the time to eat breakfast, the rain that was coming down like Music back when I was in that special place, had let up enough so the music it was playing was more like a piccolo solo.

No comments: