Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Synchronicity where are you?

Good signs from tonight's Softball game: We hit the ball extremely well as a team. In fact, we have hit the ball well the last three games. When we got down, we came back, both times. Bad Signs from tonight's Softball game: We did not field the ball well, Plus those other guys hit the ball well also.
-
Its like those Synchronized swimmers from the Olympics. It doesn't matter if you get your legs up out of the water and twist them around all ballet like, ---- you have to do it with some synchronicity with the other swimmer ladies or else it is just fail.
-
Seems like when we play Good Defense, we don't hit it that much on offense, and when we hit the ball relatively well, we don't play much defense to speak of. We have to synchronize the two main parts of the game and do them both in the same contest. Tell you what else, that damn softball field could use a shade tree or two planted up on that diamond, because Playing Softball in Tampa, in July is just HOT. No breeze tonight either, so the sweat just sticks to you, and when it evaporates a little bit, that shit just goes up into that "No Breeze zone" for a second and then comes back and sticks on you some more.
-
Down by 6 going into our last at bat, (we were the home team) We were able to score 5 runs, but ultimately the tying run was on Second and the winning run was on First when we made the last out of the game. True to Form, the last out was a rope, but unfortunately it was drilled right to their Center fielder.
-
Also, I slid on a play earlier in that last inning, which is really something I should no better than to do by now. Its hack League Softball. We are ultimately playing for the fun of it, and also for a Beer glass that will get filled up for free sometime in the future. ---- I am doing well enough in life, where I can just Buy a Beer if I feel the urge to drink one, and I already have a cabinet full of glasses, but none the less, I slid.... Probably the third or fourth time I have done that in the past 4 seasons we have played. Doesn't matter that I was safe, and that I ended up scoring the 18th run a short time after that. ---- What matters is that the other team scored 19 runs, and now I have a big old scab on my left calf muscle. Plus, tomorrow when I wear my slacks to work, they will end up sticking to the puss from that big old strawberry I am sporting now, and my dry cleaning bill will revolve just a little sooner than normal.

No comments: