Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Metaphorical treadmill

The Billster is Running on a Metaphorical treadmill. This is a fancy treadmill with all types of rules. Rule 1, You have to run at a 6 minute mile pace. Rule 2, its a marathon and not just one mile. It is day in and day out. if you walk for 30 seconds at a 14 minute mile pace that means you have to double time the other five minutes and thirty seconds to be able to keep the six minute mile pace. --- If you dont make the six minute mile pace, then the next thing that happens is everyone that is counting on me to keep this pace will get mad at me for not being able to do it. I will suffer if I dont, and I will suffer when I do, because lets face it, Running that fast for that long just hurts. .... its a brutal conundrum so I just run and run and run..... Also sometimes I think maybe the treadmill is going to break down which will cause me to not be able to make the six minute mile pace, and again not making it is unacceptable even if its not because of my efforts. Even if the treadmill I am riding breaks down.
-
I am talking about finding another treadmill but even thats hard. the new treadmill is in a city about 5 hours away and getting off this treadmill to go see the man about that treadmill is an effort in itself.

No comments: