Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Bill the Jockey or Bill the groomsman: A metaphor

Had a day without fighting any ducks, so that was good.
-
Drove a billion miles though and met with some guys about riding a horse. I dont think, that they think I am the right jockey, although they did not say that directly in the interview. It is just a feeling, based upon the way the thing ended. So who knows, maybe they will call me in a few days and offer me a ride. We talked about stuff I know about and we talked about riding that horse. I told them about the horse I used to ride, and they questioned why I dont ride that one anymore. I explained the dismounting, and the stable job that I have now. Bottom line is that the reason I dont ride horses anymore, and instead, work in the stable grooming them is because of my own stupidity.
-
Here is the thing though, my grooming of the horses is as profitable as riding them was, or at least almost, and I have my dignity in tact so that is good. I work for my money and I earn it, and sometimes I enjoy just brushing the beast down instead of worrying about how she runs.
-

2 comments:

Brianinmpls said...

Sometimes I like brushing them down too...I think it is because I like to have control of the outcome. But there are times when it is fun to let it ride:)

Bill From Gainesville said...

Its two different things riding the horse and then just taking care of the horse. Both have their joys though .