Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Spring Break

It's Spring Break, and I have my kids for a long weekend. After work I went up and got them. We drove back down to Tampa and went to see Monsters Vs. Aliens 3D - which is a pretty entertaining Kids movie as those things go. It didn't suck. Then we went home and I asked them to get in their pajamas to get ready for bed. My Son came out wearing my Cowboy boots and asked me if he could have them after I grow out of them. I told him that I was pretty much done growing. So then he said: "Can I just have them now then?" I told him that they dont even fit you, and if you have them, then neither of us can wear them... He said I will wear them, Look I am wearing them right now. I replied, But they dont fit...His answer to that: "So"


-
Good point son, but right now those are MY boots -- maybe later....



6 comments:

compulsively yours...for now said...

ahhhh!!! he loves his daddy!

my middle child tries to mimic the way minnow talks, holds his head etc. it is so annoying! kidding... it sometimes makes me want to cry because i feel so happy that he has a close relationship with his dad and that his dad is not a convict or something...it would so not be cool if he was a cross dresser, then the middle child would be stealing my clothes and makeup. so, heres to the minnow not being a cross dresser and your child wanting to steal your cowboy boots...good times....

Native Minnow said...

I once had a pair of cowboy boots. When I was about five years old. One day I went to put them on, and they wouldn't fit. My parents didn't believe me, so they told me to reach down and feel to see if I'd stuffed any socks down in the toe. I did. I found a dead mouse in a nest it had made in there. That happened literally overnight. I didn't wear boots much after that.

Bill From Gainesville said...

CYFN --My son is only 8 so I am not out of the woods on if he ends up that way.(cross dressing) but glad the Minnow doesnt
-
Minnow --- That was probably the start of your career in Biology right there and also living in Nevada I would think it is a necessity to have Cowboy boots that is Cowboy country out there

Native Minnow said...

Alright dude, Easter's over. Get posting!

;-)

The Charming Hedonist said...

There really is no comeback for a defense like "So?". We use it in the Courtroom all of the time.

Bill From Gainesville said...

Hedo--- it takes years of law school to be able to use this particular argument. It helps when you are kind of cute like My son is...