Thursday, January 13, 2011

A Quote from Bull Durham

On the one hand we kicked some ass tonight in Softball, on the other hand we also got our asses kicked.

-
We played a doubleheader. The first game we beat em down bad, 26 to 14 or something like that. The next game we got wore out, 18 to 6 or thereabouts.
-
It was just like life. Sometimes you are the bug, sometimes you are the windshield. In the first game we were the windshield, the second, we were the bug.
-
Had fun though, throughout. Okay, Not so much in the second game, but still, its just hack league softball, so although getting beat down is not fun, ultimately the beat down we put on the other guys was. Its Ying and Yang. The post game beers and the running of the mouths was all good.
-
Life balances out. Mostly in my life, I win. If you average out my personal wins and losses in life, I have a positive, over fifty percent or more. Doesn't mean I don't think about the losses more than the wins, I do, lots of times you, me, we, think more about the losses because we think the wins are supposed to come. Probably the wrong attitude. Just enjoy the process, Learn from all of it, and try to hit the ball where they aren't.
-
"Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains" - Crash Davis
-
Ultimately, that's how life is. Not just in hack league softball, but in all of it. it just is. You win some, you lose some, and sometimes it rains.

1 comment:

Native Minnow said...

We had an impressive win in a pick up game of basketball last night. We were playing 4 on 5 (we had 4) and still won. Too bad I don't normally do that well with the odds stacked against me ;-)