Monday, January 3, 2011

2011 here I come

Just now catching my breath. Glad 2011 is here. The last month of 2010 was hectic and stressful. Not to say it wasn't also good. Went to some cool parties and dinner things- (missed some as well ) hung out in Miami for a week with my dad. Saw my Grandma, Did X-mas with the X-wife and kids up in Gainesville. Along with the other Christmas with my Dad and my kids in Miami. Saw the Bucs Play in person twice in December, and then of course the Mighty Gators opened up the New Year with me here in Tampa.

-
Basically I quit working out during the month of December as well, and I paid for it tonight. I Can not believe how quickly you can get yourself out of shape. Usually I run/walk a little over 5 miles in an hour on the treadmill. which is at least a 12 minute mile average. (most of the time I actually get 5 miles in 55 minutes and kind of just walk the last 5 minutes or so.) Not tonight though. I wasn't feeling it at all, and basically just let myself walk allot more then usual. Getting old is a bitch. Anyway, although I did basically take December off, I was pretty good most of the other 11 months, so I don't feel like I was a new years resolution type guy tonight. It really is me. I go at least twice a week and usually 3 times. True thing though, in my mind I am doing a little bit of resoluting because I am thinking I will step it up just a little and shoot for a minimum of 4 days out of 7 in the gym for 2011, and giving myself Next December off again. Will see if that lasts, but I am extremely confident in being able to at least make it 2 or 3 times a week.
-
So here are a few things I want to get done next year besides go to the gym 4 times a week on average.
-
1) I want to travel more. I have two trips already planned. Dallas in early February, and Baton Rouge/ New Orleans/ Denham Springs in Early October. - I definitely want to go to NYC some time this year and I would also like to make it to Vegas and up to Nashville again as well. Thats five out of state trips and two of them are already scheduled. just need to make the other 3 happen some time this year. I will of course make many trips to Gainesville as well, but thats just part of my life-- NYC and Nashville are my priorities and honestly I believe Vegas will have to wait till 2012 (only so many dollars and time off I can take, coupled with the time I will take to be with my kids) Okay, I probably wont make Vegas but I am still listing it.
-
2) I Want to read at least 24 books this year. I didn't keep track of it this year, but I believe I only read about 18 or so as best I can figure from trying to remember, and looking at my library. Counted 15 that I am pretty confident were all this year, plus I remember giving 3 other books away after reading them.
-
3) 192 blog posts for 2011 is also my goal / plan. Thats an average of 16 per month, which is about 1 every other day. Its also 1 more than 2010.
-
4) Hopefully at least 1 or 2 of those blog posts per month will be something well written and funny.
-
5) Get a passport before the year is over so maybe if everything goes well financially, I can take a trip out of the country in 2012.
-
Thats it. I have some other ideas of things I want to make happen at work as well as in my personal life, but am not going to list them.

1 comment:

Native Minnow said...

That's a lot of reading. I think I read three books last year. Well, three books that weren't science. I read a lot for work, so would rather sit and watch TV or something when I'm off. Happy New Year!