Tuesday, March 9, 2010

A story about NOT doing the Laundry.

-

Last Night it was laundry time for the Billster. My apartment building has eight units, and one community Washer and Dryer machine that costs a buck fifty to use, each. -- I was going to do a load of laundry but found someone was using it. This didn't bother me. Other people in this building have as much right to use the washer machine as me. Its first come first serve, no worries there. No, what bothered me was whoever it was, evidently forgot they were doing the wash, so when I went back out about an hour and a half later to start doing mine, the wet clothes of "Mr. I forgot I was doing the Laundry" were still just sitting in the machine. (even the first time I went out, the machine was done, and they were just sitting there) Couple of choices You can make at this point. Move their stuff for them and put them in the dryer, or just come back another time. Its not like I know who this person is, and I don't want to get to personal in touching their underwear and stuff, plus, although I have a few bucks, I only had the bare minimum 12 quarters you need to do my own load. Could have moved them out of the machine and just set them on top of the dryer, but again, a little to personal with the underwear touching and stuff that would be involved.
-
An hour later I went back out a third time, STILL JUST SITTING IN THE MACHINE!! - At this point I made the decision to just try again the next day and let it go, but first I thought about moving the stuff again. At this point I feel like whoever this person is, they are being rude and my rudeness back in touching there personal clothes and stuff was just to damn bad if it violated their space. I was not the one that so inconsiderately hogged the machine all freaking night. Then I thought about writing a note for them so they at least are aware of their violation of common courtesy. I was going to write it in kind of a sarcastic, passive aggressive and kind of funny way. I chose not to though, and just let it go.
-
So in the end, Last night was just practice in carrying the laundry basket the 15 yards or so from my apartment building to the washer machine room. Three trips and no clean clothes to show for it, but all that practice paid off. I was able to really do a good job in toting those dirty clothes out there tonight. Just had to do it the one time today when it was a real Laundry doing type of a situation. Its like Kurt Warner says: Its not doing the Laundry that wears on you, its all the practice and conditioning in the off season. Tonight was Laundry Season but Last night was like the Organized Team Activities in the Summer.

No comments: