Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Locomotive that is the billster

I feel like I am a locomotive train engine with about 87 cars attached. I worked my ass off to get that thing moving on down the tracks at a good little clip, but then got myself de-railed a few years ago. People are counting on that train running on down that line though, so I did not have the proper opportunity to lay on the side of those tracks while the news media swarmed all over to debate the reasons it got derailed. Was it because the engineer wasn't paying attention? Was it because the tracks were messed up? doesn't matter. What matters is that I get that thing back on the track, and it also doesn't matter that we have to start on the up-side of a hill, it just matters that we get that thing going again.
-
It was hard getting traction in the beginning, because not only were we trying to get started while going up a hill, but it was raining as well. We still don't have it going at any type of a decent clip yet, but we are moving it along even with the extra baggage it has to carry now. It took a long time to get it going at the pace I had it at before the derailing, and I guess ultimately I just want to get back to that cruising speed. So chitty chitty bang bang .

2 comments:

Native Minnow said...

Just remember: I think I can, I think I can . . .

(Too lame? Whatevs.)

your psycho ex-girlfriend said...

if you unload those kids of yours you might get better traction....


just a suggestion.