Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Finishing the Marathon of 2009

The marathon that is the year is at the 25 mile mark. we have about a mile to go in the form of December, and unfortunately December seems to be on a bit of an incline. Finishing this bad boy out while running up hill seems to be a bit sadistic. Lets move Christmas to July or something. Its just hard dealing with it on top of everything else.
-
Maybe I am just sad about Bobby Bowden getting forced out up at FSU, although at least they are going to give the reins over to Jimbo Fisher and he certainly has not shown much in the last two years while he has actually been the head coach, at least in principle, in everything but the title.
-
Maybe its a bit of a downer that Carlos Dunlap, the Gators potential 1rst round draft choice type of player at Defensive End, got in some trouble earlier this morning and now is suspended indefinitely, but MOST definitely will be out for the SEC championship game. Thats a bummer.
-
And why does my job have all this stuff getting crammed in during this month as well? It seems like in addition to the main part of my job that I always have to do, right now I have to also deal with the pony show. Lots of meetings are getting mixed in. The type of meetings where you have to be on? Not the type of meetings where you can just be there and listen or something.
-
There are other pressures as well that I wont get into. Anyways, I am just going to keep on running and once January is here This Marathon will be over. We will of course start another one though. Maybe in 2010 I will do a little bit more travelling then I was able to get in this year and the bifurcated life will get easier.

No comments: