Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Awesome Jobs to have, NOT

Couple of things about work. Not my work, but other peoples work.
-
First off, I read a story today about a veterinarian that actually put her hand down a Live Shark's throat. That is some serious type veterinarian shit to do.
-
Basically this little Nurse shark that was about 3 to 4 feet large had eaten some fish and evidently the fish spine rubbed up against its gullet and created a cut in its throat that made it painful for this nurse shark to eat, so it just quit eating. This alarmed the people that owned this shark (it was some kind of aquarium) so they called in this vet to take a look.
-
They put this shark in a little bathtub like enclosure and then mixed in some anesthesia and the shark kind of went to sleep. Sort of. from reading the article it was more like it got him/her groggy. Then a Vet helper got in the pool with this thing and kind of held him still and then the vet got in and they opened up its mouth and put a piece of PVC pipe in its gullett, then the vet put her hand through the PVC pipe into the mouth and stomach of this thing to check out the internal abrasion. Seriously, that PVC pipe could have slipped or whatever and those razor like teeth could have took her arm off. In my opinion, this is one 3 or 4 foot shark, and Darwin might be working and all. Sharks eat fish all the time and if you are a shark and get hurt by eating a fish to the extent that you no longer want to eat? maybe you should be dead. Just wow.
-
THEN some dudes at Fidelity Investment got fired because they had a fantasy football league. The company has a policy that you are not to use company time to gamble. Evidently the commissioner of this league did not use company time to do this, but someone in his league sent him a message to the extent that Trent Edwards SUCKS. Which from a fantasy football perspective that is all true. They found out the league had a $20 buy in and because of this they fired the dude? Seriously that is so fricking harsh, and the fact that Trent Edwards Sucks is part of why this guy got fired?
-
I love my job. I have yet to be required to put my hand down a sharks gullet, nor have I gotten fired because Fantasy Football is one of my things. Also I would have never drafted Trent Edwards either.

3 comments:

Native Minnow said...

I've never stuck my hand down a shark's throat, but have stuck a finger into a trout's mouth. That's still bad ass, right? RIGHT?

your psycho ex-girlfriend said...

he is lying, he sticks his fingers in their butts (for science of course)

Native Minnow said...

I hope you had a Merry Christmas Bill. And I hope you have a Happy New Year as well!!!