Monday, June 8, 2009

The study of cultures

I felt like an Archaeologist today. I was a guy who studies cultures. It was kind of an accident and I didn't dig up anything with a spoon and then carbon date it or anything like that. I was just in the mood to step outside and be in the world a little bit, I was hanging out with three information technology guys. Two of them I know, and we were just bullshitting when two more "IT" guys walked out and invited the "IT" guys that I was hanging out with to walk up to the dollar store. (the Dollar store is just a block from our office)
-
The "IT" guys I was bullshitting with declined, and the other two dudes went on their way. Turns out this is an everyday thing for those two guys and they come back with bags of crap almost every day. They pile crap up on their desks. They get candy and chips and toothpaste and toothbrushes and other little crappy things that they sell at the dollar store and are usually quite proud of themselves. Absolutely fascinating. Grown men making a trip a day to a store that all though has some values, it is basically just junky stuff that most people don't think about. and if you do go their to save some money on soap or hair brushes or whatever you dont have to go EVERY day.
FASCINATING

No comments: