Friday, February 18, 2011

Harvey Updyke, I Hope You Rot in Prison

Got some insight yesterday on all the Michael Vick haters.
-
Basically What Vick did to those dogs was horrible, but I understood part of why he did it was because he had a different perspective on it then most people. From where he was coming from, it was a sport. He grew up in the culture of dog fighting. This doesn't make it any less horrible, but I understood, to some degree anyway that he came to that life and that perspective from a place and a culture I will never know. For lack of a better term, I just think he may not have known any better.
-
He paid dearly for it as well. He lost tons of money, his name will always be associated with what he did, and he spent nearly two years in Jail because of it. He has shown genuine remorse, and I had basically forgiven him. He paid his Penance for the mistake he made, and the lack of judgment he showed.
-
Many others had not though, and I didn't fully understand the intransigence on forgiveness for him over this dog fighting episode.
-
Now I know. What Harvey Updyke did to that beautiful Oak tree, and his reasoning behind that attack is absolutely disgusting. He committed a Hate Crime against a Tree, basically because he is a stupid imbecilic Alabama Fan, and Alabama's Arch Rival was enjoying some good times. Most Alabama Fans are also disgusted with him. That Tree was Majestic, and over 150 years old, and he poisoned it and then called into the Paul Finebaum Radio show to brag about it in a smug and self righteous manner.
-
Dude some how lived to be sixty something years old and couldn't figure out the meaning of the word "perspective" No matter what happens in the future with this guy, I will always have a High disdain and disgust. He can go to prison, show remorse, Pay fines, whatever, it is just unforgiveable. I get it now how some hold Vick in this same regard. I personally think Vick paid for his mistake, but Harvey Updyke, I judge you a despicable human being. Hope you Rot in Prison.
-

No comments: