Monday, November 1, 2010

Holidays -- a list.

Great Holidays: Labor Day, Memorial Day, July 4th , New years Day
-
Okay Holidays: Thanksgiving
-
Holidays I dislike: Halloween, Christmas
-
The Great Holidays are about having a three day weekend and no real obligations. I make sure to appreciate the military every day, and especially on Memorial day. I also appreciate the extra day off. Lots of times the Labor Day, Memorial Day, July 4th holiday involves hanging with friends, drinking a beer, firing up the grill etc. New Years Day is a day you generally get off and there is football all day long.
-
Thanksgiving -- Never been my thing. I like the food, I like Having the football on, and the two day off thing. Sometimes it can be stressful with family though, and then all the cleaning up. Don't get me wrong, Love my family but sometimes having them all together at the same time just seemed kind of like a job. Still does.
-
Halloween with all the dressing up and the kids knocking on your door for several hours, plus, I like Candy allot, but I generally know better, but when there is so much of it...just laying around, begging to be eaten... .
-
Christmas... Most pressure filled Holiday of them all. Its all about the presents. Its all about meeting expectations, not failing -- I usually always feel like I fail at Christmas ... I like it okay when it is over I guess.
-
My favorite holiday? -- Super Bowl Sunday... I love that day, and it is a holiday. Its a thing Americans do,----- it just doesn't have an officalness to it.

No comments: