Friday, November 20, 2009

STUPID SHIT I HAVE DONE IN THE LAST TWO DAYS!

Its like I am telling on myself.
-
Most of the time when people do stupid shit, but no one else knows about it, They will keep it to themselves. Lots of time that is exactly how I roll as well. Not today Internet. TODAY, I am going to out myself as it were, about the two stupid things I have done in the past day and a half.
-
One is milder than the other. I will use that as my warmup. The second one actually cost me $100 bucks.
-
THE WARMUP STUPID THING:
-
Let me just set the scene, It is Thursday Night, I have gotten home from work, I have put in a workout (This particular workout was seriously half ass, but Still, a half ass workout is still better than no workout right?) I am home now and thinking about my plans. I Heart the Miami Dolphins and know they are playing on T.V. tonight but it is on "Direct T.V." which I don't have, and I think to myself that I need to take a shower and get dressed and go to a bar somewhere so that I can watch it, all while cursing the NFL for this cable ass bullshit they are pulling. -- I am tired, I had worked my ass off the Wednesday before last night, flying up to Tally at like six in the morning and getting back at 7:30 at night, then playing a Late night softball game, getting to bed late, exhausted and then of course working all day in the office on Thursday Night. I decide that as much as I would like to watch the Dolphins, I am just not up to going out, so I just stay home and watched some comedies on NBC and then went to bed. -
-
On my way in to work it dawns on me, THAT GAME LAST NIGHT WAS NOT ON THE SUNDAY TICKET! IT WAS ON THE NFL CHANNEL! MY CABLE PACKAGE HAS THE NFL CHANNEL! I COULD HAVE WATCHED THAT GAME BUT I WAS NOT PAYING ATTENTION TO WHAT THE HELL THE DEAL WAS ! UGHHHH... STUPID ME.
-
It gets worse though and it has the same theme of not paying attention, but this time it was not just my missed opportunity to do something I like to do, NO, this time my ability to NOT PAY ATTENTION busted my ass to the tune of $100.00. That's right Internet. I cost myself a C- NOTE.
-
On my drive into work this morning, just before I arrived, I had a phone call from a buddy of mine and we were talking about the FSU game which is in 8 days. Am I coming to the tailgate etc.? What are we going to cook, blah blah blah ... During this conversation I let my buddy know that YES! I am coming to the Tailgate - That weekend is my Kid weekend though, and I do not think I can find 3 Tickets together for a decent price etc. so I am just coming up for the tailgate and will watch the game on the T.V. at the tailgate spot. We hang up and I go into work and ALL BE DAMNED if in my E-mail there was not an Employee looking to sell his FOUR FSU tickets for $100 bucks total. I am like Holy moly! this is the Universe looking out for me, I call the dude up and tell him I am down for it and he brings them to me and we do BUSINESS. I bought FOUR FSU TICKETS For $100 bucks TOTAL! --- WOW! just incredible good fortune but of course a minute or so later I realize that the e-mail said nothing about Florida Florida State, the E-mail was this guys offer to sell his FOUR Florida FIU tickets. I had just been so caught up in my little world that I read it wrong ....
-
I decided that although I would tell the World on My Internet. It would be to embarrassing to tell the dude about my mistake and see if he would take them back. So I will just eat them -- No way that I am driving the two hours up to GVILLE to watch that game as I already have plans to watch it on T.V. in a bar.... Unless the bar doesn't get Pay per view? -- Okay Not going to make that mistake. I called the bar to confirm and they DO!

No comments: